Reasons

"Maybe I'm not from this world"

How can you be so subtle...

It can never be too obvious, can it?

 

When you make ever-lasting gaps in the silence and stop to stare, I make inhumanly efforts to stand still, to keep my guard up, to keep myself whole. I'm so easily breaking when your piercing eyes slip their glances in my irises and keep me stuck to the ground because you know I don't want to be anywhere else. And those deceivingly well-placed words meant to get me speechless are nothing but sweet harassment. It's funny how in the deepest of the nights you come out of raging shadows and make them hush; it's funny how you bring all my fears to silence; it's funny how you keep me stuck together...

 

The slightest slip of the tongue and I'm drowning once again, the smallest sign of uncertainty and my walls fall to the ground in screaming aches and fluttery wings, leaving me fully exposed. I'm crashing into the ocean and stumbling down the stairs, spinning along with my incomprehensible thoughts with a million miles per hour in the middle of the highway, racing dreams and pulling truths out of crafty lies, cutting my own strings with a dull knife, singing hymns and yelling my lungs out for freedom. And you are always there to pull me out of the water and help me up when I'm hitting the ground, putting me back together and helping me break my bindings and overcome my bounds. You can understand me when nobody else does and you are not afraid of running next to me in my wild exploding getaways. You are the one who's most honest, you are the one cutting the strings and listening to the screeching vows. You are the one who makes it easier to breathe...

 

So tell me how can you see so easily through my eyes when I can't even read half of what you really are? How can you be so subtle when all I want is to be as obvious as possible? You already know I feel to much, don't you? You know that if you hadn't been so secretive, if you hadn't caught my eye and lit up my curiosity I probably wouldn't be standing here right now, writing this with trembling hands. I hope you can make out most of what I said even though it doesn't make sense and you already knew it by heart even before you started reading. I hope I'll have the time to read such a long novel because nothing brought me more pleasure till now...

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment